THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT WORKSHEET
Using your Constitution booklet and your notes, answer the following questions:
1. Article one of the Constitution deals with which branch?
2. What are the two houses of Congress?
3. What are the three qualifications to be a member of the House of Representatives?
4. How many members of the House does each state get?
5. Who is the president or leader of the House?
6. How many Senators does each state get?
7. What are the three qualifications to be a member of the Senate?
8. Who is the president of the Senate?
9. Who impeaches the President?
10. Who acts as the jury during an impeachment trial?
11. Who is the judge in an impeachment trial?
12. What must the vote be in an impeachment to find the President guilty?
13. How often must Congress meet?
14. In which house must all bills for raising revenue (taxes) start?
15. Explain the two ways a bill can become a law without the President’s signature.
16. List five powers or responsibilities that only Congress can do.
17. What is a Writ of Habeas Corpus used for and why?
18. A ____________________________________ punishes someone without the benefit of a trial. Is that legal? Yes or No
19. How long is the term of
A. House of Representative?
20. Article two deals with which branch of government?
21. What are the three qualifications for President?
22. Who elects the President?
23. How is the number of votes each state gets determined?
24. If no candidate running for President receives a majority of votes, who then chooses the President?
25. If no candidate running for Vice-President receives a majority of votes, who chooses the Vice-President?
26. Who is the 2nd and 3rd in line if the President dies or can not fill his responsibilities?
27. What does pardon mean?
28. Who has to approve presidential appointments and treaties made by the President?
29. Article three deals with which branch of government?
30. What are the qualifications to be a judge?
31. What is the highest court in the country?
32. How many witnesses are needed to convict someone of treason?